- Council of Europe
- ECRI The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance is a body of the Council of Europe set up by the first Summit of Heads of State and of Government of the member States of the Council of Europe held in Vienna in October 1993.
- DECEMBER 18 Portal for the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Migrants - Portail pour la promotion et la d╚fense des droits des migrants - Portal para la promoci█n y protecci█n de los derechos de los migrantes
- Migrants rights This site was set up by the International Steering Committee for the Campaign for Ratification of the Migrants Rights Convention. Its basic purposes are to:
Project a broad profile of support for the Convention Ratification Campaign, Provide leadership and coordination in conducting the Campaign,
Mobilize diverse sectors and resources to support ratification efforts, Place the Campaign in the context of advancing
- European Federation for Intercultural Learning
- European Human Rights Foundation
- European Network Against Racism to combat racism from all the EU Member States
- The Migration Policy Group MPG was established as an independent, not for profit organisation based in Brussels. MPG is committed to improving policy development on migration and related issues through the promotion of facilitated exchange between key stakeholders in Europe, North America and the international community, and through the production of substantive, comparative policy analysis. MPG bases its activities on the belief that high-level discussion and debate within and between countries among representatives of all sectors of society - public, private, and business - can contribute to the identification and implementation of innovative and effective solutions to the challenges posed by migration.
- Minority Electronic Resources.directory of resources on minority human rights and related problems of the transition period in Eastern and Central Europe.
- United for Intercultural Action European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and refugees.
UN & Governmental websites
- UN pages English World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance.
- UN pages Fran┴ais Conf╚rence Mondiale contre le Racisme, la Discrimination Raciale, la X╚nophobie et l'Intol╚rance qui y est Associ╚e.
- UN pages EspaĎol Conferencia Mundial contra el Racismo, la Discriminaci█n Racial, la Xenofobia y las Formas Conexas de Intolerancia.
- World Conference Against Racism South African Governmental site, English
- Canadian secretariat WCAR "By working collaboratively to help establish Canada's voice at the World Conference, we are all joining the fight against hatred at home and abroad. If Canadians speak strongly internationally, the world's children will have their best chance to grow up free from racism and discrimination - and to hope eventually for a world of peaceful coexistence and respect."
Dr. Hedy Fry, Secretary of State (Multiculturalism) (Status of Women)
- Secr╚tariat Canadien CMCR ┤En collaborant pour aider ř formuler le message que le Canada communiquera lors de la Conf╚rence mondiale, nous participons tous ř la lutte contre la haine au Canada et ř l'╚tranger. Si les Canadiens tiennent des propos ╚nergiques dans l'ar╦ne internationale, les enfants du monde entier auront plus de chances de grandir ř l'abri du racisme et de la discrimination - et de vivre ╚ventuellement dans un monde oś la coexistence pacifique et le respect mutuel sont une r╚alit╚. ¬
Hedy Fry, Secr╚taire d'Őtat (Multiculturalisme) (Condition f╚minine)
- UK Governmental site about the WCAR
- UNRISD The UNRISD Racism and Public Policy conference will provide participants attending the World Conference with research-based information and a neutral forum in which to discuss the sensitive issues of racism and xenophobia. By combining academic research with a strong policy focus, the UNRISD conference represents a unique and comprehensive contribution to the World Conference.
UNRISD plans to disseminate the findings of its research for the conference in a variety of formats, including Programme Papers, an issue of Conference News, and edited volumes. Papers prepared for the conference will be available on this Web site.
- The Conference of Non-Governmental Organizations in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations (CONGO) is an independent, international, not-for-profit membership association of nongovernmental organizations that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and decisions. CONGO is most active in the major UN centers of New York, Geneva, and Vienna, but extends its work to all regions of the world.
- WCAR NGO Forum website, English Here we, the Secretariate, will endeavour to provide you with information that will make your travel, stay and participation in the NGO Forum as rewarding and productive as possible.
- Website Human Rights Internet for NGOs, English on World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerence.
- Website Human Rights Internet pour des ONGs, Fran┴ais sur Conf╚rence Mondiale contre le Racisme, la Discrimination Raciale, la X╚nophobie et l'Intol╚rance qui y est Associ╚e.
- Website Human Rights Internet para los NGOs, EspaĎol en Conferencia Mundial contra el Racismo, la Discriminaci█n Racial, la Xenofobia y las Formas Conexas de Intolerancia.
- Asia-Pacific NGO Coordinating Committee for WCAR
- Forum of the Americas, English
- Foro de ONGs de las Am╚ricas, EspaĎol
- Home base to US NGOs for information on the 2001 World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination Xenophobia and Related Intolerance.
- AFRE, All For Reparations and Emancipation Pages on the WCAR in English
- Centro de Estudios Legales y Sociales (CELS) Conferencia Mundial contra el Racismo-2001
- Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights WCAR page (english& Russian)
- Info on WCAR in Czech by UN InfoCentre Prague
- Women's Caucus Website for the WCAR From May 1-5, 2000 at the First PrepCom of the World Conference Against Racism (World Conference) more than 40 nongovernmental organizations representing all regions of the world came together to form a Women's Human Rights Caucus to address the interests of women and girls who are victims of racism and/or ethnic discrimination. We did so because in many cases, the intersection of racial and gender discrimination leaves women facing violations of their rights that are unique to them. In our view, the World Conference must include gender, as well as age, class, sexual orientation, and economic status in its analysis in order for it to be truly reflective of reality and for the remedies to be effective. This complete analysis is necessary because the needs and visions of those not present cannot be divined by others.
- Afirma This web site carries information on the WCAR and the NGO Forum in Portuguese.
- Save the Children Alliance has
recently created a special web page for the UN World Conference against Racism.
- The South African NGO Coalition The World Conference Against Racism NGO Forum hosted by The South African NGO Coalition (SANGOCO) will take place in the city of Durban in South Africa, 28 August - 1 September 2001
- Mandat International, English a NGO based in Geneva providing support for non-governmental delegates attending meetings and conferences. It can support you on different levels.
- Mandat International, Fran┴ais une ONG etabli a Geneve. Elle apporte son soutien aux delegations Non Gouvernamentales qui participent aux conferences et reunions internationales. Elle peut apporter son soutien sur differents niveaux.
- Mandat International, EspaĎol una ONG establecida en Ginebra, aporta su apoyo a los delegados no gubernamentales que participan a lasconferencias y reuniones internacionales. Puede apoyarlo en distintos niveles.
- Kayak Africa from Geneva to South Africa. A solo kayak voyage for Human Rights
Special Interest Groups Documents