We regret to inform you that the co-founders of ICARE.TO, Suzette Bronkhorst and Ronald Eissens, both passed away in 2021.
You can visit the stichtingmagenta.nl website for more information.
UN & Governmental websites
- Council of Europe
The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance is a body of the
Council of Europe set up by the first Summit of Heads of State and of
Government of the member States of the Council of Europe held in Vienna
in October 1993.
- DECEMBER 18
Portal for the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Migrants -
Portail pour la promotion et la défense des droits des migrants -
Portal para la promoción y protección de los derechos de los migrantes
- Migrants rights
This site was set up by the International Steering Committee for the
Campaign for Ratification of the Migrants Rights Convention. Its basic
purposes are to:
Project a broad profile of support for the Convention Ratification
Campaign, Provide leadership and coordination in conducting the
Mobilize diverse sectors and resources to support ratification efforts,
Place the Campaign in the context of advancing
- European Federation for Intercultural Learning
- European Human Rights Foundation
- European Network Against Racism to combat racism from all the EU Member States
- The Migration Policy Group
MPG was established as an independent, not for profit organisation
based in Brussels. MPG is committed to improving policy development on
migration and related issues through the promotion of facilitated
exchange between key stakeholders in Europe, North America and the
international community, and through the production of substantive,
comparative policy analysis. MPG bases its activities on the belief
that high-level discussion and debate within and between countries
among representatives of all sectors of society - public, private, and
business - can contribute to the identification and implementation of
innovative and effective solutions to the challenges posed by
- Minority Electronic Resources.directory of resources on minority human rights and related problems of the transition period in Eastern and Central Europe.
- United for Intercultural Action European network against nationalism, racism, fascism and in support of migrants and refugees.
- UN pages English World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance.
- UN pages Français Conférence Mondiale contre le Racisme, la Discrimination Raciale, la Xénophobie et l'Intolérance qui y est Associée.
- UN pages Español Conferencia Mundial contra el Racismo, la Discriminación Racial, la Xenofobia y las Formas Conexas de Intolerancia.
- World Conference Against Racism South African Governmental site, English
- Canadian secretariat WCAR
"By working collaboratively to help establish Canada's voice at the
World Conference, we are all joining the fight against hatred at home
and abroad. If Canadians speak strongly internationally, the world's
children will have their best chance to grow up free from racism and
discrimination - and to hope eventually for a world of peaceful
coexistence and respect."
Dr. Hedy Fry, Secretary of State (Multiculturalism) (Status of Women)
- Secrétariat Canadien CMCR
«En collaborant pour aider à formuler le message que le Canada
communiquera lors de la Conférence mondiale, nous participons tous à la
lutte contre la haine au Canada et à l'étranger. Si les Canadiens
tiennent des propos énergiques dans l'arène internationale, les enfants
du monde entier auront plus de chances de grandir à l'abri du racisme
et de la discrimination - et de vivre éventuellement dans un monde où
la coexistence pacifique et le respect mutuel sont une réalité. »
Hedy Fry, Secrétaire d'État (Multiculturalisme) (Condition féminine)
- UK Governmental site about the WCAR
The UNRISD Racism and Public Policy conference will provide
participants attending the World Conference with research-based
information and a neutral forum in which to discuss the sensitive
issues of racism and xenophobia. By combining academic research with a
strong policy focus, the UNRISD conference represents a unique and
comprehensive contribution to the World Conference.
UNRISD plans to
disseminate the findings of its research for the conference in a
variety of formats, including Programme Papers, an issue of Conference
News, and edited volumes. Papers prepared for the conference will be
available on this Web site.
Special Interest Groups Documents
- The Conference of Non-Governmental Organizations in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations (CONGO)
is an independent, international, not-for-profit membership association
of nongovernmental organizations that facilitates the participation of
NGOs in United Nations debates and decisions. CONGO is most active in
the major UN centers of New York, Geneva, and Vienna, but extends its
work to all regions of the world.
- WCAR NGO Forum website, English
Here we, the Secretariate, will endeavour to provide you with
information that will make your travel, stay and participation in the
NGO Forum as rewarding and productive as possible.
- Website Human Rights Internet for NGOs, English on World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerence.
- Website Human Rights Internet pour des ONGs, Français sur Conférence Mondiale contre le Racisme, la Discrimination Raciale, la Xénophobie et l'Intolérance qui y est Associée.
- Website Human Rights Internet para los NGOs, Español en Conferencia Mundial contra el Racismo, la Discriminación Racial, la Xenofobia y las Formas Conexas de Intolerancia.
- Asia-Pacific NGO Coordinating Committee for WCAR
- Forum of the Americas, English
- Foro de ONGs de las Américas, Español
- Home base to US NGOs for information on the 2001 World Conference Against Racism, Racial Discrimination Xenophobia and Related Intolerance.
- AFRE, All For Reparations and Emancipation Pages on the WCAR in English
- Centro de Estudios Legales y Sociales (CELS) Conferencia Mundial contra el Racismo-2001
- Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights WCAR page (english& Russian)
- Info on WCAR in Czech by UN InfoCentre Prague
- Women's Caucus Website for the WCAR
From May 1-5, 2000 at the First PrepCom of the World Conference Against
Racism (World Conference) more than 40 nongovernmental organizations
representing all regions of the world came together to form a Women's
Human Rights Caucus to address the interests of women and girls who are
victims of racism and/or ethnic discrimination. We did so because in
many cases, the intersection of racial and gender discrimination leaves
women facing violations of their rights that are unique to them. In our
view, the World Conference must include gender, as well as age, class,
sexual orientation, and economic status in its analysis in order for it
to be truly reflective of reality and for the remedies to be effective.
This complete analysis is necessary because the needs and visions of
those not present cannot be divined by others.
- Afirma This web site carries information on the WCAR and the NGO Forum in Portuguese.
- Save the Children Alliance has
recently created a special web page for the UN World Conference against Racism.
- The South African NGO Coalition
The World Conference Against Racism NGO Forum hosted by The South
African NGO Coalition (SANGOCO) will take place in the city of Durban
in South Africa, 28 August - 1 September 2001
- Mandat International, English
a NGO based in Geneva providing support for non-governmental delegates
attending meetings and conferences. It can support you on different
- Mandat International, Français
une ONG etabli a Geneve. Elle apporte son soutien aux delegations Non
Gouvernamentales qui participent aux conferences et reunions
internationales. Elle peut apporter son soutien sur differents niveaux.
- Mandat International, Español
una ONG establecida en Ginebra, aporta su apoyo a los delegados no
gubernamentales que participan a lasconferencias y reuniones
internacionales. Puede apoyarlo en distintos niveles.
- Kayak Africa from Geneva to South Africa. A solo kayak voyage for Human Rights